Anti-Wrinkle injections are becoming increasingly popular and you might be surprised to know that as well as giving you a great smile, we also perform treatments to help with those fine lines that need a ‘lift’.
Below we’ve outlined what you can expect from the treatments available here and hopefully we’ve answered any questions you may have. If you’d still like to know more, you can call the surgery on (0121) 236-7630.
Wrinkle relaxing treatments involve injection of toxin into target muscles of the face to temporarily help them to relax.
It blocks the messages being sent from the nerves to the muscles, thereby preventing the muscles from contracting, this in turn softens facial expressions and can reverse the signs of ageing or prevent further lines and wrinkles from developing.
It’s most often used to help soften lines in the frown area, forehead and crow’s feet. It can also be used successfully to reduce ‘gummy’ smiles by lowering the upper lip a fraction and also dimpled chins and turned down corners of the mouth.
Results can be seen as quickly as 2-3 days post injection, however for the full effects it may take a while longer and it is best to wait 10-14 days. The speed of action will be influenced by the strength and response of your muscles.
Initially treatments are performed cautiously; often only a small amounts are required to produce the desired effect however as every person is individual the amount of toxin administered will be tailored to your specifications. It is sometimes necessary to ‘top-up’ after the initial treatment depending on the strength of the muscle.
- Any bumps or marks caused by the injections should disappear within a few hours of treatment.
- Try to exercise your treated muscles a little for the first few hours after treatment. This will help the treatment work into your muscles. However, do not make extreme facial expressions.
- Do not massage the treated areas for 48 hours after treatment. After washing the treated areas, pat dry very gently with a soft towel.
- Do not exercise, bend excessively or lie down for at least 4 hours after treatment.
- Avoid wearing make-up for 12 hours after treatment. For a further 2 weeks, avoid beauty treatment on your face (facials, face massage).
- Try to avoid exposure to strong sunlight, very cold temperatures and saunas for 2 weeks after treatment.
- Treatment normally takes an average for 2 to 3 days to start working, although the full effects may take a little longer. The speed of action depends on the strength of the muscles injected and your individual response.
- Remember that treatment is not permanent. To maintain the effects, treatment should be repeated approximately 2 to 3 times a year. At Will Murphy Dentistry, we will recommend when we think you need to return for a re-treatment.
Anti Wrinkle treatments are performed by Sinem Dayanik and are available to both men and women on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursdays and from now till the end of November 2017 you can have 3 areas injected for the price of 2!