Aims & Objectives
This practice will be registered with the Care Quality Commission for the below regulated activities.
1. Treatment of disease, disorder or injury
- To provide a high quality and range of dental services to the whole community, including consultations, X-Rays, routine restorative work, endodontics, treatment of periodontal disease, prostheses, cosmetic work.
- To offer patients a friendly and professional service.
- To explain the diagnosis to patients in detail, where particular attention should be given and necessary action – treatment options, costs, risks, advice, etc.
- To refer to appropriately qualified specialist dental practitioners where necessary. Temporary treatment provided if necessary.
- To keep patients well-informed of costs and to discuss treatment progress at each stage, obtaining relevant consent.
- To offer a preventative service.
- To establish an individually-developed personal dental health regime for each patient to meet their dental care needs and aim for a high level of oral health.
2. Surgical procedures
- To provide detailed information and explanations to patients where a surgical procedure is necessary including risks, procedure, etc.
- To obtain valid consent for all surgical procedures carried out at the practice.
- To monitor patient progress for complex surgical procedures, post-procedure, following clinical protocol to ensure full recovery and minimise risks.
3. Diagnostic and screening procedures
- To arrange and agree appointments and review appointments within appropriate personal time frame with patients.
- To undergo a complete and detailed examination of the patient’s oral health with help from relevant diagnostic equipment, taking into account relevant medical history.
- To inform patients of the results of such diagnostic and screening procedures with a view to discussing possible treatment options.